SUPPORTING THE NEXT GENERATION
Each year, GPA Midstream Midcontinent Chapter provides scholarships to help support students at local universities who are sincerely interested in the Midstream Industry.
The Scholarship program is aimed at contributing to juniors and seniors enrolled in engineering programs at our regional universities. These scholarships support these students, while helping secure the future of the natural gas Midstream Industry.
Funding for each year’s recipients is made possible by company sponsorships, donations and fundraisers, such as our annual golf tournaments and sporting clay events. MCGPA may award multiple scholarships annually to qualified candidates based on the recommendation of the Scholarship Committee and established scoring criteria. Interested candidates, or those wanting to nominate a candidate, can contact members of the Scholarship Committee.
“We have worked hard as an organization to raise money for the benefit of the communities we work in,” Brian Leedy said. “OSUIT continues to graduate students with the experience and tools needed in our industry. We will continue to support their programs, as every dollar we donate returns to us tenfold.”
Support Midstream’s Next Generation
- Raise student awareness of MCGPA Scholarship Program on recipient campuses
- Raise gas processing industry awareness in the engineering faculty & student populations
- Provide secondary benefits, such as networking between GPA members
- Solicit student applications for scholarship award consideration
- Review applications and essays and provide candidate recommendation list to the Board
- Candidates will be awarded scholarships based on the recommendation of committee and scoring criteria
- Inform successful candidates of the award and invite them to the MCGPA Regional Conference for recognition
- Scholarship checks will be sent to the student’s registered University before the following semester
The Scholarship Committee meets as necessary and may arrange their meetings in concert with the regularly scheduled Director’s meetings. The general schedule for affecting the purpose of the Scholarship Committee is as follows:
- December: Send letters to 4-year college department heads requesting candidates to apply
- March: Review applications, the committee submits a recommendation to Board, Board approves recipients, recipients informed
- April: Scholarship recipients invited to the MCGPA Regional Conference for recognition of scholarships
- May: Send scholarship checks