GPA Midstream Midcontinent Chapter strives to provides scholarships each year to help support students of local universities who are sincerely interested in the midstream industry.
Scholarships funds are granted to schools, such as OSU Okmulgee, to be used in programs applicable to the midstream industry, as well as used for funding student tuition at their discretion. Scholarship dollars may also be awarded to college students who are in an engineering discipline, beginning their Junior or senior year at regional universities, are in good academic standing, and have interest in joining the midstream energy sector.
Funding for each year's recipients is made possible by company sponsorships, donations, and fundraisers, such as the annual golf tournaments and sporting clays events.
Committee membership will include the following – all of which hold current positions as Director of the MCGPA:
- A Chairperson
- An Alternate Chairperson
- The remainder of the committee is made up of other MCGPA Members.
MCGPA has created a dedicated Scholarship Committee whose primary purpose is to:
- Raise student awareness of MCGPA Scholarship Program
- Raise gas processing industry awareness in the engineering faculty & student populations
- Provide secondary benefits, such as networking between GPA members, etc.
- Solicit student applications for scholarship award consideration
- Review applications and essays and provide candidate recommendation list to the Board
- Candidates will be awarded scholarships based on the recommendation of committee and scoring criteria
- Inform successful candidates of the award and invite them to the MCGPA Regional Conference for recognition
- Scholarship checks will be sent to the student's registered University before the following semester
The Scholarship Committee meets as necessary and may arrange their meetings in concert with the regularly scheduled Director’s meetings. The general schedule for affecting the purpose of the Scholarship Committee is as follows:
March: Review applications, the committee submits a recommendation to Board, Board approves recipients, recipients informed
April: Scholarship recipients invited to the MCGPA Regional Conference for recognition of scholarships
May: Send scholarship checks
The application window is open January 1 to March 31 each year. Scholarship recipients will be notified by April 30 and invited to the MCGPA Regional Conference for recognition.
Requirements for Eligible Applicants:
- The student is or will be attending an ABET accredited university.
- The student is pursuing a degree in a technical discipline.
- Students have field experience with or have interned for midstream companies.
- Students have parents or close relatives that work for MCGPA Midstream member companies.
- The student will be entering his/her junior or senior year.
- The student will have a minimum GPA of 2.75.
Scholarships will be allocated as directed by the Scholarship Committee, providing candidates are available, meet the criteria, and sufficient funding is available. Interested candidates, or those wanting to nominate a candidate, can contact members of the Scholarship Committee.Committee Contact and Scholarship Application