GPA Midstream Midcontinent Chapter provides scholarships each year to help support students of local universities that are sincerely interested in the Midstream Industry. These scholarships are granted to further potential students and help secure the future of the natural gas midstream industry. Funding for each year’s recipients is made possible by company sponsorships, donations, and fundraisers, such as annual golf tournaments and sporting clay events. The scholarship program is aimed at juniors and seniors within the engineering departments at regional universities. (i.e. Oklahoma State University, Oklahoma University, Tulsa University).
Committee membership will include the following – all of which hold current positions as Director of the MCGPA:
- A Chairperson
- An Alternate Chairperson
- The remainder of the committee is made up of other MCGPA Members.
MCGPA has created a dedicated Scholarship Committee whose primary purpose is to:
- Raise student awareness of MCGPA Scholarship Program on recipient campuses
- Raise gas processing industry awareness in the engineering faculty & student populations
- Provide secondary benefits, such as networking between GPA members, etc.
- Solicit student applications for scholarship award consideration
- Review applications and essays and provide candidate recommendation list to the Board
- Candidates will be awarded scholarships based on the recommendation of committee and scoring criteria
- Inform successful candidates of the award and invite them to the MCGPA Regional Conference for recognition
- Scholarship checks will be sent to the student's registered University before the following semester
The Scholarship Committee meets as necessary and may arrange their meetings in concert with the regularly scheduled Director’s meetings. The general schedule for affecting the purpose of the Scholarship Committee is as follows:
December: Send letters to 4-year college department heads requesting candidates to apply
March: Review applications, the committee submits a recommendation to Board, Board approves recipients, recipients informed
April: Scholarship recipients invited to the MCGPA Regional Conference for recognition of scholarships
May: Send scholarship checks
Our 2022 scholarship application window will open in Jan and close in the end of March. Scholarship recipients will be notified in April and invited to the MCGPA Regional Conference for recognition.
Requirements for Eligible Applicants:
- The student is or will be attending an ABET accredited university.
- The student is pursuing a degree in a technical discipline.
- The student has a high likelihood of working in the midstream industry upon graduation. Some factors might include:
- Students that have field experience with or have interned for midstream companies
- Students that have parents or close relatives that work for MCGPA Midstream member companies
- The student will be entering his/her junior or senior year.
- The student will have a minimum GPA required for university graduation.
Annually, the MCGPA may disperse up to $10,000 in scholarships, which will be allocated as directed by the Scholarship Committee, providing candidates are available, meet the criteria, and sufficient funding is available. Interested candidates, or those wanting to nominate a candidate, can contact members of the Scholarship Committee.
2022 Application & Committee Contact Info